6R Bat Research Project
Due Date ___________________
1. Using library research time and other sources complete this project.
2. Choose a bat from the “Kinds of Bats” section, or another one approved by your teacher, to research.
3. Record your draft information in your research scribbler, to later record onto the outlines provided.
4. You may work in groups, but each person is responsible for their own work.
access to a stapler
construction paper for backing
|Kinds of Bats (nearly 1000 species)
Townsend’s Big-eared Bat
American False Vampire
Straw-colored Fruit Bat
Greater Horseshoe Bat
Directions for Assembling the Booklet
1. Cover: colour correctly and cut out the bat pattern you find and draw/trace.
2. Glue this onto construction paper for structure.
3. Using blank sheets cut to the same shape, record your answers using the data you have found in your research. Be sure to title each page with the correct heading.
4. Use the order of presentation found in the evaluation.
5. Staple these together to form a booklet of your bat.
BCI Species Profiles Batcall Library