6R Shark Research Project
Due Date ___________________
1. Using library research time and other sources complete this project.
2. Choose a bat from the “Kinds of Sharks” section, chart, or another one approved by your teacher, to research.
3. Record your draft information in your research scribbler, to later record onto your outlines.
4. You may work in groups, but each person is responsible for their own work.
access to a stapler
construction paper for backing
|Kinds of Sharks (over 360 species)
ANGEL SHARK, NURSE SHARK BASKING SHARK, SANDTIGER SHARK, BLACKTIP REEF SHARK, MAKO SHARK, BLUE SHARK, THRESHER SHARK, BULL SHARK, TIGER SHARK, COOKIECUTTER SHARK, WHALE SHARK, GOBLIN SHARK, WOBBEGONG SHARK, GREAT WHITE SHARK, ZEBRA SHARK, HAMMERHEAD SHARK, SPINY DOGFISH SHARK, WHITE TIP REEF SHARK
Directions for Assembling the Booklet
1. Cover: colour correctly and cut our the shark pattern.
2. Glue this onto construction paper for structure.
3. Using blank sheets cut to the same shape, record your answers using the data you have found in your research. Be sure to title each page with the correct heading.
4. Use the order of presentation found in the evaluation.
5. Staple these together to form a booklet with the shark picture as your cover.
http://www.shark.ch/index.html Images of Sharks
Different Kinds of Sharks Sharks World
EBSCO User ID s1690k186 password is password
Shark Research Project
/2 cover: colouring and accurate pattern
/1 your name
/2 type of shark, scientific name
/2 location and habitat
/2 Born: which of the three ways is your shark born
/2 appearance (size, colour, shape, markings etc.)
/2 interesting facts
/2 resources (hard & Internet)
/3 Grammar, spelling, etc.