6R Arachnid Research Project
Due Date ___________________
1. Using library research time and other sources complete this project.
2. Choose an arachnid from the “Kinds of Arachnids” section, or poster, or another one approved by your teacher, to research.
3. Record your draft information in your research scribbler, to later record onto the outlines. Create new outlines to use on your project to record the information.
4. You may work in groups, but each person is responsible for their own work.
-spider picture (provided)
-access to a stapler
-construction paper for backing and legs
|Kinds of Arachnids: Spiders (35 000), Ticks,
Black Widow Spider, Orb-web Spider, Fisher Spider, Tarantula Spider, Funnel-Web Spider, Trap-Door Spider, House Spider, Water Spider, Jumping Spider, Wolf Spider, Daddy Longlegs Spider, Wandering Spider, Crab Spider, Australian Funnel Weaver Spider, Nursery Web Spider, Black and Yellow Garden Spider, Yellow Crab Spider, Elegant Crab Spider, Water Spider, Spitting Spider, etc.
Velvet Mite, Red Fresh Water Mite
Giant Desert Hairy Scorpion, Mauritaina Scorpion, Italian Scorpion,
Mammal Soft Tick, argiope lobata
|Directions for Assembling the Booklet
1. Cover: colour correctly and cut your Arachnid pattern.
2. Glue this onto construction paper for structure.
3. Using blank sheets cut to the same shape, record your answers using the data you have found in your research. Be sure to title each page with the correct heading.
4. Use the Evaluation order of presentation:
5. Staple these together to form a booklet behind your cover and in order.
North American Spiders Spider Information
Different Kinds of Spiders Green Nature: Spiders